Image

Monday, March 30, 2009

Angry Moms Fight With School

Off the subject of business...moms this ones for you. Yesterday, when picking up my kids, I noticed a dot pasted in the middle of their forehead. My children explained to me, it was Indian Day, a day spent focusing on East Indian Culture. I understand, the children being taught about different cultures around the world and think it's a great learning opportunity...however, being a christian, I am extremely upset with the schools for putting this dot on their forehead without even thinking to ask us parents first. And of course, they did not review any meaning behind the dot on the forehead. A "bindi' or "The dot", in India, signifies the individuals spiritual eye. This spiritual eye is also called the 'third eye. This infuriates me!!! To make matters worse, my child cannot bring a bible to school because it is considered to be a conflict of other religions. But then what do they call this?!? Do you think I am over reacting?

No comments:

Post a Comment